Job Position: Junior Project Officer, Support to the AU Silencing the Guns Initiative
Place of Work: Addis Ababa
Application deadline: November 19, 2018
Required Candidate: One
1. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The Junior Project Officer will work under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Project Team Leader and hence being fully accountable to him/her. As a member of the GIZ the Junior Project Officer will be responsible for providing administrative and technical support for the implementation of all activities under the project. He/she will support the project team leader in the administrative and financial management of the programme. He/ she will also assist in the preparation of project activities and ensure knowledge management and the organisation of events.
The duties and responsibilities will include the following:
I) Administration, Logistics and Procurement
1. Prepare and follow up on contracts, requests for experts and consultants, and Financial Agreements etc.;
2. Assist the Team Leader in planning, organizing and managing of workshops, conferences and partner events in Addis Ababa and other locations;
3. Arrange and communicate with travelers all logistic and protocol arrangements, visa requirements and their settlements;
4. Prepare selection procedures and bookings (bidding, contracting, terms) of service providers and ensure documentation of the procedures according to GIZ rules and regulations (O&R);
5. Procure office supplies, equipment and services and ensure proper documentation of procured materials;
6. Assist the project in the preparation of the annual internal control;
7. Handle the petty cash;
8. Liaise with other administrative and financial staff as well as the GIZ country office in relation to administrative and logistical procedures.
II) Project Management
1. Attend and actively participate in Team meetings, take minutes of meetings, draft and coordinate reports;
2. Support PR activities, including supervising printing and storage of PR material, as well as supporting the development of fact sheets, brochures, etc.;
3. Take charge of the knowledge management of the project and keep the knowledge management platform up-to-date;
4. Assist in and carry out other project management activities as assigned by the GIZ project Team Leader.
III) Other duties
1. Check regularly compliance to GIZ rules and regulations (O&R) in respect of project management, correct application procedures and completeness of documentation on contracts and procurements made at project office level;
2. The Junior Project Officer also fulfils other adequate tasks as determined and assigned by the team leader.
- Job Requirements:
- 1. QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES REQUIRED
- · Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university in finance and administration, economics, business management and/or administration, communication studies, social studies, any other relevant subject. A master’s degree or the completion of an accounting or finance education would be an advantage;
· 1-3 years of experience in program support or administrative and financial project support;
· Experience in collaborating and/or working with international organizations and/or civil society organizations;
· Experience in public relations, communication, peace and security, governance or a related topic will be an advantage;
· Excellent communication skills both written and oral in English;
· Willingness for travel within Africa;
· High level of independency, self-initiative, integrity, and accountability;
· Computer skills in office applications;
· Good intercultural communication and capacity to work in inter-disciplinary environments; Strong team orientation and flexibility to assume new tasks.
- How To Apply:
- Interested and qualified candidates shall submit their application letter along with their non-returnable recent CV and support letter to the following address:
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
P. O. Box 100009
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Fax: 011 554 0764
· The name of the position for which the application is made should be clearly marked on the envelope or on the fax applications
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We encourage persons with disabilities to apply for the position. In case of equal qualification, persons with disabilities will be given preference.
- Banking Job Vacancy Announcements For Fresh Graduates Ethiopia – Apply Now
- NGO Job Vacancy Announcements For Fresh Graduates Ethiopia 2018 – Apply Now