Funded Traineeship for Young Graduates at The EU Delegation to Ethiopia
- EUROPEAN UNION
- ADDIS ABABA, ETHIOPIA
Funded Traineeship for Young Graduates At The EU Delegation to Ethiopia
Traineeships in Delegations
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Ethiopia?
What do we offer?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Ethiopia, starting in May 2019.
Description of the Political, Press and Information Section:
The Political, Press and Information Section is i.a. responsible for political analysis and reporting, relations with the Government of Ethiopia and its institutions as well as coordination of EU Member States. It also covers press and information activities, including press statements, the coordination of press events and relations with local and international press.
- Assist in the analysis of the political situation in Ethiopia and the development of EU/Ethiopia cooperation
- Strengthen the existing coordination and cooperation with EU Member States
- Drafting, proof-reading and editing documents including for public and social media
- Draft press releases and other documents addressed to the media
- Conceptualize and implement social media campaigns to enhance EU visibility
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Minimum requirement: Bachelor of arts or science
- Relevant work experience
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Knowledge of Amharic or other local Ethiopian languages is an asset but not mandatory
How to apply?
Please send the following documents to the e-mail address:
- A detailed Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship – Political, Press and Information Section
Before applying you are requested to carefully examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance and accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Interviews might be conducted over phone if the candidate is not resident in Ethiopia. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected. Please note that questions regarding the traineeship will not be answered over phone.
Deadline: Friday 5 April 2019 16:00 hours (Ethiopian time)